Guidelines on how to install Artificial Grass at your home
Want to bring nature into your house? Then buy and install the fake or synthetic grass which is made of nylon, polyethylene or polypropylene which give it a natural look. Their fine filaments are threaded on back which lets the water ooze out from the drainage layer that supports the back part of Artificial Grass through compacted gravel which is fastened along the perimeter. The thatched layer beneath the grass makes it look like natural.
The installation cost of fake grass differs according to its manufacturer, quality, height and density of piles (grass hairs) you are using. It is actually a bit costlier than the ordinary grass when you are installing it for the first time. The life span of fake grass is 15 to 25 years and alternative to natural grass that doesn’t require mowing, watering and fertilizers.
How to install synthetic grass?
Synthetic grass is gaining popularity worldwide in the concrete jungles. With lack of time and interest of gardening few had tried to install this fake grass in their lawns, porticos, backyards, pool sides, terrace, and balcony and inside of homes on walls etc to feel fresh and relaxed after coming back from work.
Installing this synthetic grass is very simple and one needs to follow few steps. They are as follows:
- Take help of professional installers who know how to fix it on which surface. If you want to mount this grass on soil, remove the existing grass with the help of sod cutter to cut evenly across the lawn and dispose it off.
- The ground where the grass needs to be installed should be excavated up to two inches depth for good drainage and keep the pets out of reach.
- It is advantageous to install bend aboard around the perimeter of the grass to keep it firm and not pulled up by any pets.
- One can install irrigation heads in between the fake grass to sprinkle water on hot days and keep it cool and wash it down automatically.
- Add the gravel nearly a quarter inch above to create a nice mound look to make it natural.
- Rake the low spots using compactor, wet the area with hose and go over the area once from outside.
- Before the installation of fake grass make the area wet but not as if rained for a long time.
- With the help of plate compactors go over it and push the gravel up and afterwards remove the bend aboard to give it a natural look. Then broom once to remove the excess material on the edges.
- Choose the weed which you like to install from the varied types
- Add the fake grass and make the preliminary cuts that are close around the edges.
- Fix the grass using seam and apply glue or use staples or nails with the help of professionals.
- Once the grass is seamed remove the nails or screws around the perimeter.
- Infill the grass top with sand or a recycled crumb to give it a natural look by using power broom and keeping its blades upright.
- With less space for gardening bring home Artificial Grass and install in your balcony, rooftop or children play area to feel the nature. It is easy to install and maintain without the need of mowing, watering, and fertilizing. After installation ensure to infill the sand on top that keeps your grass cool in summers and protects it during heavy winds by giving a realistic look.